Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
I miss the point.... i see tons of zuks like that :) YOu can make a zuk look like anything you want. Almost like any car on the market

Do you mean the aftermarket cab that was added? ... only thing I can see.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I know you can make a Zook look like anything but overseas(Thailand I'm assuming) I do believe that added cab is standard at least by looking at these pictures:
Click for pics

Perhaps my eyes thought it was pretty cool, so I shared. My friend in Thailand has sent me a couple pictures of the 4x4's over there and every now and then sends a link or two to a web site he finds...Hell if I can read it.

Sorry I shared.:flipoff2:

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So while we're on the subject of making any thing look like what ever....

What's this Zook? To me it looks like a mini Unimog.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I saw many of them a couple of weeks ago at Thailand, if you go for holidays to Puket, you will see many of them

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
I'd buy a cab like that for my LWB! Toss one in your carry-on next time you go over there...

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
I've never seen a 1/2 cab LWB, but that is super cool. I really love the extra room and wb of the LWB. I don't know why they never sent them here...of all of the counties to only send the smallest one...the country that love big cars. What where they thinking???

·
Registered
138 Posts
howdy,
not many LWB made it to the states or north america in that case. some LWB made it to canada, but for the most part they were mexico tourist 4x4's.
but if it is the look and not just the need of a LWB, then find a good sammi, and a parts sammi. then go of the factory LWB specs and build one. kind of works out like photo shop suite. cut and paste. and if you look at the pic real hard you might see that the half cab seems to be made into the targa bar.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
jimzuki said:

but if it is the look and not just the need of a LWB, then find a good sammi, and a parts sammi. then go of the factory LWB specs and build one. kind of works out like photo shop suite. cut and paste. and if you look at the pic real hard you might see that the half cab seems to be made into the targa bar.
Ahh no...

If you go to the image's source site you will see this is a vehicle of it's own design - not a hack and slash job of a LWB.

[email protected]

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
BigFrank said:

Is this the new Oscar Meyer Weiner truck?:)
If you go to that page(link near top of page) you'll see that in one of the trips they used that boat thing as a generator of some sort, before it hit the water they were welding it together.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Ahh no...

If you go to the image's source site you will see this is a vehicle of it's own design - not a hack and slash job of a LWB.
howdy,
read my [email protected] post and think. i was trien to state that you could make your own LWB. i was not staten that this LWB, was a hack and wack job. :flipoff2:

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Root Moose said:

Ahh no...

[email protected]
I'll agree! If it were a hack job then everyone must be doing it. There are some that have that exta cab setup with a rear soft top too. Some even had a full top like this:

There seems to be many of these in the pics too.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
jimzuki said:

howdy,
read my [email protected] post and think. i was trien to state that you could make your own LWB. i was not staten that this LWB, was a hack and wack job. :flipoff2:
Ok then, reading this:

jimzuki said:
Don't try, do. I'm not a fricken' mind reader - say what you mean dammit!

:flipoff2: yourself.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Don't try, do. I'm not a fricken' mind reader - say what you mean dammit!
ok this can be very simple
when i said "but if it is the look and not just the need of a LWB". i ment if you can't find a LWB, build one out of two samurais. thus why i said "then find a good sammi, and a parts sammi." then you could "go of the factory LWB specs and build one".
the SWB samurai is 2030 mm, as to the LWB is 2375 mm. and then with 2 samurais you can build a LWB or even longer if you liked. and by doing this it will not really be a LWB but the look is there. also you would have to lengthen the rear of the bed after the rear tyres. and all of this simply stems from the fact that if you like the look of a LWB, but can not find one, then you could build your own. or take the simple route and just call http://www.hawksuzukiparts.com/ .

·
Registered
138 Posts
howdy,
just to maybe get this alittle clearer than in before posts. yes there are LWB samurai. most were not sold state side. they are out there. hawk strickly does have some in his lot and in the warehouse. they are not cheap. but if you would choose to make one it would be easier to meet any length needs you may have. i at this time have 2 parts sammis that when it get warmer i am going to try to build my own LWB knock off. the LWB would be great to have. and in my case would be a great build for a double t-case with a 22r and tranny.
but in the end yes the LWB is out there, but they are rare.

·
Premium Member
8,196 Posts
scwafish said:
I've never seen a 1/2 cab LWB, but that is super cool. I really love the extra room and wb of the LWB. I don't know why they never sent them here...of all of the counties to only send the smallest one...the country that love big cars. What where they thinking???
Consumer Reports

Garrett

1 - 20 of 40 Posts