Pirate 4x4 banner

Gm ls power steering/alternator relocation brackets

73K views 190 replies 56 participants last post by  Cherokee_94 
#1 ·
I've developed a new line of GM LS accessory brackets for common truck and F-body Camaro engines. These brackets relocate the power steering pump up higher for engine conversions and custom buggy builds when you need clearance for upper links, steering or other interference.

• 4400 for the newer CBR pump, works on truck and Camaro belt spacing
  • 4401 for the stock truck P-pump, works on truck only spacing
  • Moves power steering up up approx 4.2"
  • Moves alternator up slightly from the stock truck location
  • Includes all necessary brackets, spacers and hardware
  • You will need to supply your own idler
  • Brackets are manufactured from 1/4" thick laser cut mild steel and zinc plated
  • P-pump works with stock resi or remote resi
  • Izdfg

Price is $149.95 plus shipping

PM or email drew@goatbuilt.com to order

Package deal with pump brackets and PSC pumps.. email or PM for pricing

P-pump shown below, first pic is bare steel, these parts will all be yellow zinc plated

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
I have been watching for you to post this.

Drew, do you recommend the p-pump or the CBR pump? PSC has told me CBR pump all the way, but I do not see many running it yet and it is hard to beat the old P-pump.

Full hydro, DE ram, etc.

I will be ordering for sure!

#9 ·
Hard to say, PSC says CBR is better, I think it is better for more of a high speed and racing app, a trail rig would be fine with a P-pump

P-pumps are almost half the price of the CBR

Also depends on what crank pulley, water pump and tensioner you have, If you have the Camaro you can only run the CBP, truck either one

#19 ·
Thanks for the orders guys! Been moving a few of these. Let me know if you have a need for a bracket I do not currently make, I have a few requests and am working on dual P-pump bracket and possibly a CBR + P-pump

Here's an updated pic from Norby's build

Attachments

#20 ·
Got to see one first hand. ITS SWEET!

#22 ·
I'm building an LS3 from scratch and would be very interested in your dual pump brackets using the PSC pumps.

Thanks
Steve
Hi Steve, I just replied to you're PM. I'm still working on the design, I'm starting a new build that will require dual pumps so I'm going to get going on this. I'll update this thread when I have something

What pump do you guys want for the rear steer? P or CBR?

#23 ·
Almost finished with a second P-pump bracket. This mounts a second P-pump on the passenger side, retains the stock tensioner. Shown is my P-pump bracket on the driver side that also mounts the alternator. You could also alternatively use my CBR pump bracket to put a CBR pump on the driver side.

Attachments

#24 ·
Dual steering pump bracket

Drew,

Dual pump setup looks great. Quick question, will this clear with any of the water pumps. All the drawings show the upper water neck being the truck style, will this work with the water pump that has the upper water neck coming straight out the front of the water pump.

Steve

#25 ·
Drew,

Dual pump setup looks great. Quick question, will this clear with any of the water pumps. All the drawings show the upper water neck being the truck style, will this work with the water pump that has the upper water neck coming straight out the front of the water pump.

Steve
Good point Steve, I dont think these will work with the water pump that has the outlet forward. If I'm not mistaken, all the truck pumps go up, the F-body and corvettes go forward. My driver side P-pump bracket can only fit on a truck pulley spacing so you're going to need a truck water pump any way.

#30 ·
Made some progress, this is my final design to test. I was trying to use the stock tensioner before but it just wasn't fitting right. Found a different one to use and every thing works out better. The pick below shows both the truck(lt green) and F-body water pump (purple) and appears to work with both.

Attachments

#36 ·
Made some progress on some new brackets, here are some proto's to test fit, need to make some changes, big changes to the P-pump, need to move it closer to the center and up, alternator needs a few small tweeks.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.